Fri, May 06|
A Masterclass for Allies: Attuning to African Americans
Time & Location
May 06, 2022, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM CDT
About the event
Do you remember the moment when you became a therapist? Not the moment you received your degree. The moment someone shared their pain with you, you cried, and something seemed to shift for them. Imagine being able to have those sorts of conversations about race.
In this masterclass you will learn the fundamentals of developing a Multicultural Orientation so that you can have more healing moments.
Participants in this training will earn Ethics CEs through an NBCC accredited sponsor.
What you will learn:
- Clinicians will be able to explain why fostering a Multicultural Orientation is essential to ethical practice.
- Clinicians will be able to define the the basic concepts of a Multicultural Orientation.
- Clinicians will discuss the major theoretical, research, and clinical implications of a Multicultural Orientation.
- Clinicians will use Deliberate Practice to operationalize Multicultural Orientation skills.
What you will earn
- 3 hours of NBCC Continuing Education. BONUS! CEs are Ethics Eligible.
- BONUS! 1 hour of case consultation with Dr. Jordan Harris, lead author of Deliberate Practice for Multicultural Therapy.
- BONUS! 1 tailored Deliberate Practice exercise for home practice. Tailored for working with African and Asian American clients respectively.
- BONUS! 1 Book to take your learning deeper (Kindle) (Free) Stony the Road: Reconstruction, White Supremacy, and the Rise of Jim Crow
ONLY 17 SPOTS LEFT!
Masterclass Ticket + CEs
This ticket admits one participant to the masterclass AND includes CEs. These CEs are ethics eligible.$197.92+$4.95 service fee